Swarg Ashram, meaning Heavily Abode, is situated, as the name suggests, in picturesque surroundings at the foothills of the Himalayas and on the bank of the Ganges river. Located between Rishikesh and Laxmanjula in the midsts of many ashrams and temples, Swarg Ashram is in the most spiritually concentrated area of Rishikesh. This area is known for its healthy and sattvic living environment, which is idea for finding peace, spiritual growth, and practice. For thousands of years the famous Yogis and Rishis of yore have been preforming Tapasya and Saddhana in this sacred place. There are numerous mentions of this spot on the Ganges in the holy scripture Puranas.
Swami Atma Prakash was the first modern yogi to come to the area. He established the Swarg Ashram Trust, whose aim is to provide all the facilities for the spiritual development of all spiritually inclined people looking to follow the path of renunciation and devotion. Many of the lodgings and businesses in the area, including Tattvaa Yoga Shala, are leasers and participants in the activities of the Swarg Ashram Trust.
Below is a list of the community activities and resources provided by Swarg Ashram Trust and contributed to by its affiliates, including Tattvaa Yoga Shala.
- Hundreds of livings spaces have been built for Sadhus and Mahatmas to lodge free of charge.
- At the Kitchen, free food is given to Saints, Mahatmas, and the poor in the morning and evening daily.
- The library and reading room contain and maintain an extensive collection of works on morality, religious, practices, and cultures.
- The hospital provides free and quality treatment to all saints, mahatmas, and pilgrims. Medicines and treatments are prepared by doctors with the purest Himalayan herbs.
- Tree planting! As it is good bunya-karma to have mango trees planted in this sacred Himalayan region, every year several thousand mango trees are planted and maintained according to the wishes of the Ashram donors.
- Sanskrit Vidyalaya School, where free Vedic education and food is provided to poor students.
- Primary and Secondary Schools providing modern education in English and Hindi to the local children.
- A Goshala is maintained for the benefit of Sadhus.
Tattvaa Yoga Shala is proud to be a consistent and dedicated contributor to the Swarg Ashram Trust. A part of all profits are donated to the Swarg Ashram trust to help in the fulfilment of their goals.